About the Position:
As an Engagement Manager, you will work directly with startup founders and Fortune 500 executives on transformational initiatives including venture M&A, growth strategy and joint ventures. In doing so, you will work closely with Invenio’s managing partners and the broader Nordic venture capital ecosystem. As you help our clients envision and execute their future, you will help Invenio’s management do the same. We are a young, ambitious company backed by the largest fintech VC in the Nordics, and we expect every member of our team to contribute to the vision and energy of our firm.
Main Tasks :
- Work with Invenio’s managing partners to develop & execute innovation strategies for global firms
- Work with Invenio management in forming and executing Invenio’s growth strategy
- Independently engage with clients and other external partners
- Conduct strategic analysis and due diligence on behalf of our clients
- Conduct market analysis
- Support in building and pitching of new sales efforts
- Support in the recruiting effort
What we look for:
- 5+ years experience in consulting or other client facing work
- Ability to communicate a compelling vision, listen carefully, and execute the client’s needs
- Ability to lead team members and execute across multiple competencies
- Focus, excitement and the ambition to constantly raise the bar
- Ability to listen carefully, demonstrate understanding and reveal underlying assumptions
- Ability to explain context and make effective use of examples and data to make a point
- Creative thinking, entrepreneurial mindset and a willingness to give back
- Help your team develop character, competence and commitment to the client vision
- Build on the high standards of our work and find ways to continuously raise the bar
- Manage the execution of client facing initiatives, both internally and externally
- Confidence and enthusiasm in the midst of ambiguous situations
- Desire to foster agreement around shared values, including asking questions, seeking feedback, experimentation, reflection, and open discussion of errors
Helpful Skills :
- Communication. We value diplomacy, influence and emotional intelligence. We often need to garner positive outcomes through difficult conversations, respond appropriately to other’s emotions and highlight our unique abilities and exclusive information. We look for all our team members to shine in these moments.
- High performance teamwork. We look for folks who come from high performance teams and know how to foster a common vision, build trust, contribute valuable work to a team effort and identify ways to improve the group’s work.
- Time management. We look for a desire to consistently produce high quantities of quality work. We will test your ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple workstreams simultaneously.
- Optimism. Our goal is to be the best part of our clients’ day, and we look for people with natural, contagious enthusiasm.
- English required, Swedish and other languages a plus
- Travel up to 30%
Our team is young and growing. We expect those who join to grow into new opportunities as we continue to expand. We come from diverse backgrounds and are building an international and diverse culture.
About Invenio Growth:
At Invenio, we develop and execute growth initiatives for the venture economy. We believe that fast-scaling technologies and venture capital are creating unprecedented risks around disruption–and unprecedented rewards for those that can harness startup growth. As a growth advisory firm backed by the Nordic’s leading fintech VC, we help our clients grow in the venture economy through partnership, open innovation and venture M&A. Our team is committed to playing an active role in the startup community, and we are devoted to turning disruption into a driver of transformative growth.